Mara's Classics; 1 Year and Counting 🌟💙

Image
"Pass through the school, and let the school pass through you." These were the words that started me off on a long, really long journey in my writing career. You see, I've been writing before, since I picked up a notebook as a little girl and scrawled, "Adanna the stubborn girl." Time flew by and I was already writing factious history on African colonization. Then... I got admission to study in the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. At first, I thought, this is the end of my writing career, but I was inspired by my Muse Giver to "write, write, write!" Here I am, one year later, writing. It's been a beautiful journey. It began on Feb 16, with...! TWELVE DAYS TO VALENTINE Read It was Valentine. My sis wanted us to celebrate so she dragged me (literally) to a Valentine Music Special. It was what I needed to breathe life to my Muse. Twelve Days to Valentine was inspired by the university culture which I was still new to. I loved the environment and kep

BATTLE OF AUTHORS 🗡️✒️ Contestant #5; Maestro

Igweonu Ifenna Honor

real_maestro (Instagram)

 •Vain

•A small part of me wanted to weigh in

•But his love was already in my vein

•A chain of rain stained hurricane couldn't even make me exclaim


•Narcissus

•It only made more sense

•As the pastor continued his ceremonial cleanse

•The greek native reminded me of the greek god

•It couldn't be a coincidence, he had to be a fraud


•Midsummer's cool breeze couldn't stop us

•Bounds no knew elation my thus

•But Disney's 'meant to be' label once again proves a curse

•A false facade his reflection weighed in pounds


•I had a conviction the minute my left hand met his cheeks

•How lucky I was to be at the top of his pick

•But a different conviction of mine was at its peak

•Leaving me in sheer and utter trick


•Her voice echoed in my ears

•To my boisterous list I added another fear

•He brushed her claims aside without care

•And reassured me with his lips to my ear


•I am my own master

•I told the lying bastard

•As the curtains of this poem comes downward

•The 11th line of this poem was written backward

Comments

Post a Comment

Don't leave without a comment 🥺

People also enjoyed...

Dear Me 💖✨✨

DIARY OF A JACKSONITE 💙🖤 Anastasia 💜

BATTLE OF AUTHORS 🗡️✒️ Contestant #4; Evergreen