Mara's Classics; 1 Year and Counting πŸŒŸπŸ’™

Image
"Pass through the school, and let the school pass through you." These were the words that started me off on a long, really long journey in my writing career. You see, I've been writing before, since I picked up a notebook as a little girl and scrawled, "Adanna the stubborn girl." Time flew by and I was already writing factious history on African colonization. Then... I got admission to study in the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. At first, I thought, this is the end of my writing career, but I was inspired by my Muse Giver to "write, write, write!" Here I am, one year later, writing. It's been a beautiful journey. It began on Feb 16, with...! TWELVE DAYS TO VALENTINE Read It was Valentine. My sis wanted us to celebrate so she dragged me (literally) to a Valentine Music Special. It was what I needed to breathe life to my Muse. Twelve Days to Valentine was inspired by the university culture which I was still new to. I loved the environment and kep

BATTLE OF AUTHORS πŸ—‘️✒️ Contestant #4; Evergreen

A NIGHT OF FOREVER

Anaelechi Miracle Smart
Smart Anaelechi (Facebook)

The Whatsapp status of all my classmates was covered with my engagement pictures, and all social media they belonged to wasn't exempted. I felt like I was in heaven as I admired my pictures consecutively. Even the viral pictures of Moses Bliss' engagement weren't compared to mine. I swam the ocean of ecstasy, hallucinating about different famous locations where my wedding would be held regardless of John's financial instability.  

That night was as though there was a standstill on earth. It was a night but sleep never ran past my eyes, even after countless struggles for a nap, yet, my eyes were agape. Since there was nothing to do. I invaded the profile of some wedding fashionistas to glance at so many gowns to wear on my big day. 

"God, soon, I will become a wife."

I beamed a smile on each reminisce as I gave a screen kiss to John's picture. 

It had been a year since I knew John who worked as an HRM (Human Resource Manager) in a textile company In Abuja. He ran into me with his car the day I broke up with Steve. 

I decided not to open my heart to any bloke again, since, their intention was only to examine their sexual potency on my body after confessing marriage but John was an exemption. 

His constant check-up on me couldn't be compared to anything. Even my beloved father hadn't been this caring the way he did. However, I was loggerhead not to give in to his scheme as I presumed, he kept bringing out different love languages that made a woman insane and I sheepishly fell for him. Of course, I am into dark-skinned men. John was a definition of ebony with his red lips, two doe-eyes that had a whitish retina like that of a newly born baby, his pointy nose, and a well-trimmed mustache which had a silky look, his flaccid skin akin to the buttock of a two months baby. Is it his broad chest covered with hair and his build-ups? His physique was one thing I never erased from my head after running into him in a towel on an August visit to his house. Nothing happened but I was stuck admiring the masculinity of his frame. 

"Oh my God!" I exclaimed when he walked passed me illuminating the room with fragrance from his soap. 

"This is the man for me" I soliloquized as we went out to get lunch since he knew I wasn't a kitchen type. He never complained but did the food by himself. 

Breakfast in bed, lunch at Zaddy's place, and dinner by him. This was the look of my meal schedule in a week holiday in his house. 

I was lost in love with John without remembering my goal when I applied for nursing as a discipline. Everything my brain could remind me was how to sleep and wake up beside John. This was to happen after my wedding to flee from the same story of breakups after a nightstand with me. He never complained but abruptly concord with my decision. 

John putting a ring on my finger was a wish come true as I never allowed him to complete the question before screaming a Yes. I was engulfed with joy to be the first to get married among my peers. 

My wedding card was out, it was scheduled to be on the 14th of February, I was a bit perplexed but after realizing that was his birthday, my nerves calmed. So to make this day memorable, I called my friends to join me for shopping to give me the best wedding dress that would stare the crowd on me and give a topic to discuss. They perfected my desire. 

During this period, John hadn't been coming so often. It got me worried but advice from friends who said his distance was never to be enough of me before the wedding night. I believed though I missed him but his constant call kept assuring me that we were meant to be together.  

John's visit to my place to pay my dowry had given a stream of questions to my mother whose interrogations had made me limit my visit. All I knew was that I loved John and that was the only answer to give. 

Bella, my friend's chin had embraced the warmth of my palm with her incessant questions to know more about John. 

"Does she want to be my mother?" 

I was enveloped with the sparkles of John's affection. It was on a Sunday, and the whole environment was illuminated with a smile, red and white dangled around the whole place as everyone who stepped out to his or her respective destination was in red or had a touch of it on their attire. 

It was a Valentine's Day. I decided to wear red lipgloss since am meant to be in white as a bride. Let my lipgloss still align with the season. I looked into the mirror after being dressed, and all I saw was John behind me even being absent from the room. I was ushered into the car to make it straight to church. My bridal train glowed in their different style of outfit. Bella, my bridesmaid, looked pretty well but her countenance wasn't as resplendent as hers. Already, I knew the reason for her looks but I never wanted to ruin my big day with such a tantrum. 

My eyes never left John who sat beside me in front of the altar as the pastor gave his sermon before the marriage was officially proclaimed. 

The congregation gasped for joy and a thwack of claps filled the whole auditorium till we headed to the reception hall.

It was my happy day, I needed to make the best of it. I danced as I thrilled amazement to my classmates who knew me as a lamb. 

As the dusk drew nigh, each guest handed their parcel to me before using the exit. If thank you were to be a person, it would have been dead as a result of sneezes for an hour, that was the only word I uttered till I closed the hotel room where I lodged with John. 

"It is time," I said as I held John's neck with my eyes met on his. Never did I know he was a poet cause his words were rhythm to my ears. His lips went round my whole body and my torso was on fire. At this, there came a knock on the door which he abruptly got. It was a dude, dressed in staff attire with a tray that contained a variety of dishes. 

"Oh, it is a waiter!" I said as I moved into the restroom to refresh myself which John followed suit. The night was one of sacred beauty and limitless joy as John opened me up to the world of fantasy with his top-notch romance. 

I slept off after the marriage was consummated but to wake at a strange voice, I tiptoed to the living room cause it was a suite.

Alas! John was giving an anal sex to the dude who happened to be his best man.

 Is this a dream?


Evergreen 

Comments

  1. What the hell?
    I did not expect thatπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ₯²πŸ₯²πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜―😯😯😯😯

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the F πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm πŸ€”... What were your thoughts when you wrote this πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its indeed an awesome story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for contestant 4

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will kill both of them
    How dare they
    He's Bisexual
    Jeez

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like howwww....πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺ never saw this coming

    ReplyDelete
  8. You hit way below the belt, Smart. You have my praise 😍

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omo! This wasn't expected.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful piece, dear.
    I never expected it

    ReplyDelete
  11. 😞😞 Seriously!!!πŸ·πŸ’–

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't leave without a comment πŸ₯Ί

People also enjoyed...

Dear Me πŸ’–✨✨

DIARY OF A JACKSONITE πŸ’™πŸ–€ Anastasia πŸ’œ