Mara's Classics; 1 Year and Counting 🌟💙

Image
"Pass through the school, and let the school pass through you." These were the words that started me off on a long, really long journey in my writing career. You see, I've been writing before, since I picked up a notebook as a little girl and scrawled, "Adanna the stubborn girl." Time flew by and I was already writing factious history on African colonization. Then... I got admission to study in the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. At first, I thought, this is the end of my writing career, but I was inspired by my Muse Giver to "write, write, write!" Here I am, one year later, writing. It's been a beautiful journey. It began on Feb 16, with...! TWELVE DAYS TO VALENTINE Read It was Valentine. My sis wanted us to celebrate so she dragged me (literally) to a Valentine Music Special. It was what I needed to breathe life to my Muse. Twelve Days to Valentine was inspired by the university culture which I was still new to. I loved the environment and kep

Photogenik



Amina stood, like a statue, staring at the yellow wall of PhotoGenik studio. She had just been turned out of that building.

Amina turned her gaze to the sky. It was as gloomy as her face. The cheerful sun had been hidden behind a humongous cloud. Amina wondered how long the cloud would take to clear off the sun's path. Minutes, hours, never?

Ding-ding! Amina looked at her phone. Her message read, "Freelance for photogra..." Amina grunted in frustration. She was in the action of swiping away the message when another one came in. It was from her mother, "Come home. We'll try again."

"She knows," Amina muttered. It was because of her mother she was in front of the studio anyway. Her father had absconed to Europe with his mistress. Her mother had been diagnosed with a scary disease... Amina hated to recall its name.

'Twas up to her to find bread for what was left of the family. She had decided to go with her passion, photography. As crazy as it seemed, her mother had agreed. So...

Here she was, turned out again. She was about ready to call it quits. In fact, she was done!

"Excuse me. Could you take a picture of me and my friend with your camera?

Amina looked at the two men in sun shades before looking down at the camera hanging on her neck. What's the harm, she thought and agreed.

"Hmm! This is really good. Look at that, Steve," the first man said.

"Professional," Steve replied.

"You don't mind becoming the photographer of Chike the artiste, do you?" asked the first man.

"The Chike? Well, it depends on who's asking," said Amina.

The man smiled, pulled off his sunshades and became Chike. Amina gawked.

"Here's my card. I'll be expecting you and your camera on Monday," Chike slipped a gold plated card into her hand and left.

Amina looked at the card. She winced as it reflected light into her eyes sharply. Then she looked up. The sky was bright and the sun was free and shining. She smiled.

Comments

Post a Comment

Don't leave without a comment 🥺

People also enjoyed...

Dear Me 💖✨✨

DIARY OF A JACKSONITE 💙🖤 Anastasia 💜

BATTLE OF AUTHORS 🗡️✒️ Contestant #4; Evergreen