Mara's Classics; 1 Year and Counting πŸŒŸπŸ’™

Image
"Pass through the school, and let the school pass through you." These were the words that started me off on a long, really long journey in my writing career. You see, I've been writing before, since I picked up a notebook as a little girl and scrawled, "Adanna the stubborn girl." Time flew by and I was already writing factious history on African colonization. Then... I got admission to study in the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. At first, I thought, this is the end of my writing career, but I was inspired by my Muse Giver to "write, write, write!" Here I am, one year later, writing. It's been a beautiful journey. It began on Feb 16, with...! TWELVE DAYS TO VALENTINE Read It was Valentine. My sis wanted us to celebrate so she dragged me (literally) to a Valentine Music Special. It was what I needed to breathe life to my Muse. Twelve Days to Valentine was inspired by the university culture which I was still new to. I loved the environment and kep

BATTLE OF AUTHORS πŸ—‘️✒️ Contestant #2; Ebube

 First night of forever


Ireke Ebubechi
Ebube Ireke (Facebook)

Can it ever get darker?

Or maybe I should pray it gets better?

What am I to say?

That it didn't just happen?


How did I not see it coming?

How didn't I know?


It was my wedding day

The sky, clear as crystal

The sun beamed upon me 

As though saying congratulations

Or maybe mocking me


Alas, superstition isn't always right

Or perhaps it is 


And so on that day,

With glamour and grace

Did I stand

To make my oath 

To the man of my dreams

Who became my nightmares

With cheers from guests

Which may have been jests 


Alas, everything becomes clear

And it was all a facade


His presence scares me

As I could at any point be his next target

As if for his boxing practice

Or alas, his next hit for a mega jackpot

In the ring of life called marriage


How could I have known?

Though the signs weren't clear

He wasn't only a woman beater,

But a boozer and Deeply chained smoker


Truly all that glitters isn't gold

The rule still applies

"Don't judge a book by its cover,

"Read it well."


And thus my nightmares begin in just one night


*First night of forever*


© Ebube

Comments

  1. I love this, well done boo baeπŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ˜πŸ˜

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was waiting to see how you will do justice to this title as a poet. I couldn't imagine you would throw me off balance with your dexterity.

    This is beautifully penned, bro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 😲🀭. Whose hand is this🀭

    ReplyDelete
  4. The diamond hand of poetry. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful 😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job here

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the best i have seen so far

    ReplyDelete
  8. What can I say, Ebu? You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a masterpiece 😭
    But wait is the story Over???πŸ·πŸ’–

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't leave without a comment πŸ₯Ί

People also enjoyed...

Dear Me πŸ’–✨✨

DIARY OF A JACKSONITE πŸ’™πŸ–€ Anastasia πŸ’œ

BATTLE OF AUTHORS πŸ—‘️✒️ Contestant #4; Evergreen