Mara's Classics; 1 Year and Counting πŸŒŸπŸ’™

Image
"Pass through the school, and let the school pass through you." These were the words that started me off on a long, really long journey in my writing career. You see, I've been writing before, since I picked up a notebook as a little girl and scrawled, "Adanna the stubborn girl." Time flew by and I was already writing factious history on African colonization. Then... I got admission to study in the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. At first, I thought, this is the end of my writing career, but I was inspired by my Muse Giver to "write, write, write!" Here I am, one year later, writing. It's been a beautiful journey. It began on Feb 16, with...! TWELVE DAYS TO VALENTINE Read It was Valentine. My sis wanted us to celebrate so she dragged me (literally) to a Valentine Music Special. It was what I needed to breathe life to my Muse. Twelve Days to Valentine was inspired by the university culture which I was still new to. I loved the environment and kep

BATTLE OF AUTHORS πŸ—‘️✒️ Contestant #1; Nono

 THE FIRST NIGHT OF FOREVER

The long awaited day finally arrives...

Christina, dressed in all her beauty, walks to the altar to be wed to John.

It is a beautiful day; the first of forever.

The wedding night is one of sacred beauty and  limitless joy!

Just when the marriage is consumated, Christina learns a dreadful secret…


Nwabuisi chinonso peace  

Find her on Instagram

11:00pm


Christina has waited so long to be with John and she had finally gotten her wish. The wedding was as amazing as she imagined. It rivaled the dreams she had of him since she first met him. And the wedding night? It was beautiful. Just as she dreamt it would be. She turned to look at her husband, he was fast asleep looking like a new born baby.  She stroked his cheek as he slept.

"You're mine now." She said looking like a predator stalking her prey.

Christina wasn't as normal as John had thought. She actually had an obsessive behaviour. She sees something she likes, becomes fixated on it and does everything in her power to have it. John was oblivious to all this but that doesn't mean he doesn't have his own skeletons which Christina was also blissfully oblivious about. The first meeting with John was planned from the start. The first time she set her eyes on him she wanted to have him. And now? Now her plans have worked and she's never letting him go. 


12:00am


Later that morning, John woke up to have a shower. Christina was fast asleep or so he thought. He got out of the shower only to receive a call from Astra. He looked shocked. She wasn't supposed to call him. He told her not to call him today. Unaware of the wondering ears of Christina he picked the call.

"Astra, I told you not to call today, you know very well I just got married." He whispered angrily.

"Correction, that was yesterday and not today. Its 12am" she said.

"Still, you shouldn't have called. What do you want?" He asked.

"You know very well that I'm pregnant right? And I need money for daily check ups in order to take care of our baby" she yelled through the line.

"Keep your voice down" he whispered. "My wife will hear you." He said.

"I'm not the one who told you to be unfaithful while you were with her." She yelled again.

John wasn't a faithful partner to anyone, he had the tendency to cheat and Christina wasn't different. "It was a habit". He would often tell his friends. But this time this habit was about to put him in trouble.


Christina was shocked out of her wits, John a cheater? She thought. She thought he was perfect, she thought he was the one and not like the rest. Guess she was wrong and now she had to take care of him just like she took care of the others before him.

"Astra, meet me tonight by 8pm, you know where." He said.

"Of course, I know, I missed you honey." She cooed. John cut the call before she could say more. The only reason he was still seeing her was because of that baby and she was good in bed. He swore that he would make sure Christina wouldn't find out about the child. Too bad for him that it was too late and Christina would surely make sure they pay dearly for it.


7:30pm


Christina made John a special dinner, it was like the Last supper, she thought, smiling to herself like the Cheshire cat in Alice in wonderland. John stepped into the living room fully dressed to go out.

"Sweetheart, I made you dinner." She smiled.

"Babe, can I eat it later, I have somewhere to be now" he said smiling at her. 

"More important than your first dinner with your wife?" She said sadly. John had to fold, he couldn't make Christina suspect anything.

"OK, I'll eat" he said, kissing her on the forehead. 


10:00pm.


John opened his eyes not knowing where he was. He looked around. The place looked dark, like an underground of some sort. He tried moving his body but he saw that he was tied up. Right in front of him holding a knife and clothes painted with blood was Christina. She looked at him smiling like a deranged woman.

"I'm sorry you couldn't make it to your meeting with Astra. Well, she's in a better meeting now though." She said bending down to complete her sentence. She whispered in John ears. "With the devil". She laughed after the statement. John knew his secret was out but what he didn't know is that he had married a crazy woman. "What have I gotten myself into." He thought. Silent tears falling down from his face. Christina killed a woman and her unborn child. His child. Who was he that she couldn't kill then?. He looked at her, tears streaming down his face, looking for a way to get out of this.

"Christina, baby. I can explain. She was just a mistake. You're the one I love. I will never do it again. I promise." He said practically sobbing now. Christina laughed like a maniac and looked at him, holding his cheek in a loving way even if her face was anything but. 

"I love you John. I really do but it's too late now" she said and after that she slit his throat. Blood splashed everywhere on her face and on the floor. The blood of the man she loved. She cried falling on the floor. 


The first night of her forever with John was an utter disaster……..

Comments

  1. 😌😌😌😌😌πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, it was an utter disaster.
    This is good, man

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shivers πŸ₯ΆπŸ₯Ά

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ChetaπŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ˜πŸ˜
      I appreciate my loveπŸ₯°πŸ€—

      Delete
  4. Ok you guys are scaring me 😲😲but of course nicely delivered baby girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this 😊
    Good one NonoπŸ€—

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ebube😍😍πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°

      Delete
  6. Oh, my goodness! I'm as obsessed as Christina 😭

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's times like this I wish I had a fainting emoji. Nice one πŸ’–πŸ·

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't leave without a comment πŸ₯Ί

People also enjoyed...

Dear Me πŸ’–✨✨

DIARY OF A JACKSONITE πŸ’™πŸ–€ Anastasia πŸ’œ

BATTLE OF AUTHORS πŸ—‘️✒️ Contestant #4; Evergreen