Mara's Classics; 1 Year and Counting 🌟💙

Image
"Pass through the school, and let the school pass through you." These were the words that started me off on a long, really long journey in my writing career. You see, I've been writing before, since I picked up a notebook as a little girl and scrawled, "Adanna the stubborn girl." Time flew by and I was already writing factious history on African colonization. Then... I got admission to study in the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. At first, I thought, this is the end of my writing career, but I was inspired by my Muse Giver to "write, write, write!" Here I am, one year later, writing. It's been a beautiful journey. It began on Feb 16, with...! TWELVE DAYS TO VALENTINE Read It was Valentine. My sis wanted us to celebrate so she dragged me (literally) to a Valentine Music Special. It was what I needed to breathe life to my Muse. Twelve Days to Valentine was inspired by the university culture which I was still new to. I loved the environment and kep

CHOCOLATE & MILK🍫🥛 Episode 2: Part 2

"Now, for the final post on the list. Who will be Lin 025's 002?" Kachi said and hushed the students.

The silence was broken when Perky stepped forward. She was a tall skinny girl with big eyes that hid behind her glasses. She smiled and waved at her supporters.

Her presence seemed to stop anyone else from coming out. Kachi asked the obvious question, "Anyone else?"

Jude looked around and spotted a girl stand up. She was a little above average, had milky white skin and a very queenly face. Her gait was confident and her eyes glowed with youth and beauty.

She was the first to deliver her speech. She said in a pitchy mezzo soprano, "Hello, everyone. My name is Idong Dinah. I am happily vying for the post of the assistant class rep, the 002 of Lin 025."

Jude leaned forward on his desk. He smiled. He thought, "So this is Dinah?"

She had made quite a reputation for herself in their group chat. She struck Jude as a lady of good breeding and kind disposition. She was also godly; Jude admired that a lot. He had texted her earlier asking to meet her. His curiosity was satisfied.

Dinah concluded her speech where she promised to serve with all her strength and put her class members in her prayers always. She won a loud applause with her smile which made her face even prettier.

Jude wished he could vote. Dinah deserved the post. He wasn't worried when twice as many hands came up in support of Dinah. That did it.

Jude walked up to his 002 after the excos had exited the class and extended his hand.

"Congrats," he said with a smile.

"Congratulations to you too, 001. You deserve it," she said and exposed her milky dentition.

She was happy to meet Jude as well. She had observed his large contributions to Lin 025 before the clearance period. She had also observed his gawking at her earlier during her speech.

"Men," she thought. Her father had warned her about them. Still, she hoped Jude would be different because they would be working together for a long time.

That same day, Jude hosted the first ever 025 excos meeting. With passion, he told his teammates of the work before them. He informed them of the good, bad and ugly sides the adventure held. He also encouraged them and convinced them of victory so long as unity, peace and love existed among them.

"If only dad could see me now," Jude thought as he concluded the successful meeting and was whisked away by his peers for some pictures. 

Yes, pictures. It was a memorable day for the newest linguists. It deserved to be engraved so they could always look back to the moment their journey began. Also, what's life without pictures?

"Alright, since all the excos have snapped, I think this should be for just 001 and 002," Perky said and got her camera ready.

Dinah rolled her eyes at the cries of "Awwn," from some girls while Jude grinned. Dinah consented and stood by Jude's left. She widened her eyes a little when Jude placed his hand lightly on her shoulder. Then she gave her pretty smile while Jude placed a hand in his pocket.

NENE'S JOURNAL

"This Jude is good," I thought as I read his vote of thanks. It was beautiful. The part I loved was where he wrote, "I thank you all for finding me worthy."

Such humility!

He also wrote about Dinah, "Her willingness to work amazes me."

I gave him a heart reaction.

I also read Dinah's appreciation post which was less flowery than Jude's.

The best part of my evening came when Perky dropped some pictures in the group chat. Some were of the newest excos while others were of the other class members. Then one was a general picture. I smiled and wondered if I would have been in one of the pictures if I had stayed a little longer. I felt I would have, although I knew I would have shied away from such a privilege.

The cutest picture was of Jude and Dinah, the 001 and 002. I love these university codes!

Jude had held Dinah's shoulder and Dinah had clutched onto a red handkerchief with white stars. They both looked cute with their bright smile. That wasn't why I loved the picture. It was because of the sharp contrasts in their complexions. Jude was a handsome brown while Dinah was an angelic white. It got me thoughtful, "Chocolate brown and milky white..."

Reactions like "Awwn!" and "The king and queen of Lin 025" rolled in. So I mustered courage and typed my very first message to the group chat. Guess what it was.

"They look good together, like chocolate and milk."

I didn't regret it because my post received numerous likes and thumbs-up. Jude and Dinah laughed about it but everyone else bought it.

Oh! How happy I felt. It may seem trivial but it's not to me. I am very happy and I can't wait already for tomorrow. I am to have my first lecture. Lin 141, that's code for phonetics. They say the lecturer is very strict so I am a little nervous. I am also determined to go very early. It won't be me begging for seats again.


To be continued.

Comments

Post a Comment

Don't leave without a comment 🥺

People also enjoyed...

Dear Me 💖✨✨

DIARY OF A JACKSONITE 💙🖤 Anastasia 💜

BATTLE OF AUTHORS 🗡️✒️ Contestant #4; Evergreen