Mara's Classics; 1 Year and Counting 🌟💙

Image
"Pass through the school, and let the school pass through you." These were the words that started me off on a long, really long journey in my writing career. You see, I've been writing before, since I picked up a notebook as a little girl and scrawled, "Adanna the stubborn girl." Time flew by and I was already writing factious history on African colonization. Then... I got admission to study in the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. At first, I thought, this is the end of my writing career, but I was inspired by my Muse Giver to "write, write, write!" Here I am, one year later, writing. It's been a beautiful journey. It began on Feb 16, with...! TWELVE DAYS TO VALENTINE Read It was Valentine. My sis wanted us to celebrate so she dragged me (literally) to a Valentine Music Special. It was what I needed to breathe life to my Muse. Twelve Days to Valentine was inspired by the university culture which I was still new to. I loved the environment and kep

Adulteress; Chapter 1

PART ONE

Chapter 1

Amara startled slightly and gave out a gentle gasp as she awoke. Slowly, her consciousness returned to her luxurious bedroom. She lifted her head from the dressing table and stared at her beautiful fair face in the mirror. She saw the deep blue sequin dinner gown she was wearing and remembered what the evening held for her. Another party.

She gave a little moan and a sigh as she stretched her supple arms and sat upright.

The door opened.

"Amara... What's this? Did my little wife fall asleep while making herself up? What a creature."

The voice was most affectionate but somehow it failed to ignite that joy of being loved like it always did, before yesterday.

"Desmond," Amara said as she reluctantly glided to the beckoning arms of her husband. "Desmond," she repeated with more affection now. She had not forgotten that the arms that held her had lifted her from a pitiable childhood and set her in the company of princes. The same hands had made her the princess of the McGregor family and the second heir to old Chief McGregor's vast wealth.

"What tires you, my sweet?" asked dashing Desmond.

"The party," Amara grumbled and folded her arms like a child. Desmond smiled, sat on the bed and sat his jewel on his lap.

"Do we have to attend? This is the seventh one this week," said Amara.

"But sweet, Alice and her cousins are coming." He continued after seeing the smile on her face, "Mmesoma will also be there. Uncle Chinta as well."

"Will Bobo accompany him?"

"Of course!" he said and she smiled brightly. He continued, "All our friends will be there. Cindy, Helena, Mr Enuala, Robert..."

Amara frowned.

"What's the matter? You don't like Robert, dear? I know he seems proud at first, but once you get to know him, you'll like him," Desmond said.

"How much do you know him?" Amara asked as she pulled her finger from between Desmond's lips.

"I've known him for like forever. He's my friend. More like my brother. I trust him. He's always had my back."

Amara reflected on his words as she stared at her phone which lay on her table. She thought, he trusts him. How would he feel if she showed him the text message? 


To be continued.

Comments

Post a Comment

Don't leave without a comment 🥺

People also enjoyed...

Dear Me 💖✨✨

DIARY OF A JACKSONITE 💙🖤 Anastasia 💜

BATTLE OF AUTHORS 🗡️✒️ Contestant #4; Evergreen